Trying to lose weight and remove excess fat, it is normal to lose a little muscle mass. However, the loss of large amounts of muscle mass may be undesirable. To prevent this, there are special diets, nutrition and exercises that will help you lose weight and burn fat without losing muscle mass. By carefully planning your diet (what foods you should eat and in what quantity) you can lose weight in a safe and healthy way.
1 Try to lose 0.5-1 kg per week. Safe weight loss in one week is 0.5-1 kilograms. If you lose weight faster, then you risk losing muscle mass.
- It is usually recommended to consume at least 1200 calories per day. If you consume less than your age, gender and level of physical activity require, then you risk losing muscle mass. This is due to a lack of nutrients for the normal functioning of your body.
- To lose 0.5-1 kg of weight per week, it is necessary to reduce calorie intake by 500 units per day. Do not reduce calorie intake more than this value.
- 2 Consume protein. By reducing calories, you also reduce the amount of protein consumed. Not eating enough protein can also lead to muscle loss.
- The minimum amount of protein for women is 46 grams per day, and for men – 56 grams. This amount can be easily achieved by consuming protein with each meal. Do not consume less than the specified amount.
- High protein foods include lean red meat, poultry, seafood, beans, lentils, tofu, nuts and nut pasta, eggs and nonfat milk
- One serving of protein is contained in approximately 100 grams of meat, the size of a palm or a deck of playing cards.
3 Lean on fruits and vegetables. Both of these food groups are low in calories and high in nutrients. They will add extra weight to your diet. This will help make low-calorie foods more nutritious.It is recommended to consume 2-3 servings of fruits and 4-6 servings of vegetables per day. To meet these requirements, you will have to consume fruits or vegetables with each meal.
- One small fruit (100 grams) is equal to one serving of fruits, and 200-400 grams of green-leafed vegetables are equal to one serving of vegetables.
4 Consume 2-3 servings of carbohydrates per day. A low-carb diet can help you lose weight and burn fat much faster than low-calorie or low-fat diets.
- A low-carb diet limits daily carbohydrate intake. Depending on the type of diet, this number can reach 60-200 grams of carbohydrates per day. The less carbohydrates you decide to consume, the more limited your choice of foods will be.
- Carbohydrates are found in many food groups, including cereals, fruits, starchy vegetables, dairy products and legumes. To continue to lose weight, consume only 1-3 servings of these foods. Find the nutritional value of the product on the package to find out how many carbohydrates are in your food.
- A low-carb, protein-focused diet shows the best results when it comes to weight loss and muscle preservation.
- Consult a physician before starting a low-carb diet. Although it does not pose a danger to a healthy adult, a low-carb diet is not for everyone.
5 Protein shakes. Protein shakes are low-calorie, high-protein supplements. These can also increase the leptin levels inside the body. Moreover a leptin rich supplement can work wonders in helping you lose weight fast. Leptoconnect Leptin Supplement is one of the best lepting increasing supplement in the market.Taking an extra 15-30 grams of protein from these shakes will help you get the required daily dose of protein, accelerate weight loss and prevent muscle loss.
Whey protein is a high-quality protein for your body. It contains all the important amino acids that your body needs and which it cannot develop on its own. If you decide to buy protein, give preference to whey protein.
- If you are allergic to whey or you just don’t like it, consider other sources of protein. Egg and soy protein are an acceptable alternative to whey protein.
- Proteins have been shown to be particularly effective in maintaining and even increasing muscle mass if taken after training.
- If you decide to buy protein in order to accelerate weight loss, choose a supplement that does not contain many calories. Also, do not mix large amounts of ingredients or high-calorie ingredients that increase the total calorie content of a protein supplement. An increase in calorie levels can lead to weight gain.
- You can buy protein in various stores: in a grocery store with a large selection of products, in some pharmacies, in health food stores, in sports stores, or on the Internet.